A Vogel Family History

Pictures and stories of my family genealogy research. My family has a German branch who came to the United States from the Banat area of the Austria-Hungary kingdom and a branch of French Canadians who immigrated to Massachussetts from Quebec. Please feel free to post your comments, questions or corrections.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brimfield, Ohio, United States

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Massachusetts Bound

I know that some of you were wondering if I gave up our family history research project...Not so. The easy research has been done and I have begun to work on the Pilot and Emond family history. That data is located in Massachusetts and Kamouraska County, Quebec. Today I have been calling people in the Massachusetts phone book with the name of Pilotte. So far I have not had any luck reaching unknown cousins. The one guy willing to talk to me was not a relative.

I have some more leads and am sending out letters of introduction with a little family info from this site. I will follow up with phone calls if I do not get a written response. In the mean time check out the links I have added to the Riviere-du-Loup city in Quebec. This is where the Pilot and Emond family lived before they came to the U.S.

The best way to pursue this research further is to visit the areas where our family members lived. Most of the data is in libraries or museums and not available on line. It is also very expensive to have local researchers do the work...and where is the fun in that? Can anyone say ROAD TRIP!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cliff, this is Noah Graf. My email is graf_n17@hotmail.com. I just glanced over everything you have brought together here and it looks fantastic. I will make more comments later when I have a moment to go through all your articles in more depth. Hope to hear from you soon!

2/28/2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home