A Vogel Family History

Pictures and stories of my family genealogy research. My family has a German branch who came to the United States from the Banat area of the Austria-Hungary kingdom and a branch of French Canadians who immigrated to Massachussetts from Quebec. Please feel free to post your comments, questions or corrections.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brimfield, Ohio, United States

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Gilde Children circa 1910


Catherine Gilde Vogel with brother John Gilde during their early years in America. They arrived in Mansfield in 1907 when John was less than a year old and Catherine was three. Judging by their apparent ages in this photo it must have been taken around 1910 or 1911. Pat Leitenberger Rohal generously gave me this photo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cliff. Thanks for all the effort you've put into this history. So do you think I look like this photograph now, or did I look like it when I was 21? Because I'll be very flattered if you think I resemble a 21 year old ancestor!
Anyway, I just want to get this straight. Our grandmother, Catherine Vogel had a mother named Katherine and a mother-in-law named Katherine? I'm surprised that our aunt Mary wasn't named Katherine.

Melody

11/11/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Cliff Vogel said...

Melody,

If you wore a black babushka, you would look just like this picture.

Yes they loved the name Katherine! Great Grandma Katherine Eichof Gilde also had a sister-in-law names Katherine. Jacob Gilde's sister Katherine Gilde Stoll immigrated to Mansfield too. I am still looking for information about her.

Cliff

11/12/2006 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff, in browsing the web I see you have relatives with the same last name I have, Gilde and my family too came from Austria-Hungary. My family has been having a terrible time tracking much information from the Gilde’s that came from this region but I thought it might be worth asking you if you might be related, especially that there are very few Gilde’s out there. By any chance is your family related to Michael Gilde DOB 2/21/1880 (Married to Anna Galatovics) who both immigrated to the Midwest in 1913? His father was Joseph Gilde (married to Katherine Mark) of Austria/Hungary. I believe my great-grandfather Michael came to the US a few years earlier and returned to bring back his family. I would be interested in touching base with you if you know of any connection. My e-mail is dgilde@msn.com

Thanks! Derek Gilde (River Falls, WI)

1/06/2013 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home