A Vogel Family History

Pictures and stories of my family genealogy research. My family has a German branch who came to the United States from the Banat area of the Austria-Hungary kingdom and a branch of French Canadians who immigrated to Massachussetts from Quebec. Please feel free to post your comments, questions or corrections.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brimfield, Ohio, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Vogel Family in 1928


The entire Vogel family as of 1928 is pictured in this studio portrait. They are front row from left: Mary Vogel Graf, Bob Mutsch, Wilma Folmer Swigart, Frank Folmer, Pauline Folmer Wehinger, Joe Wilhelm, and Frances Mutsch Besch. In the second row from left are: Barbara Vogel Folmer, Michael Vogel, Catherine Vogel with Robert Vogel, Katherine Vogel, Michael Vogel, Eva Basting Vogel with Mildred Vogel Weber, and Nicholas Vogel. The back row is Jake Folmer, Joe Mutsch, Pauline Vogel Mutsch, Henry Vogel, Rose Vogel, Nick Wilhelm Jr. Johanna Vogel Wilhelm and Nick Wilhelm Sr. This photo was provided by Edward Vogel, son of Nick and Eva Vogel. Edward was born November 5, 1928 after the photo was taken. My Dad, Robert Vogel was born in January of 1928. Those birth dates place the date of the photo some time in the middle of 1928.

2 Comments:

Blogger Momdotts said...

have you been able to trace your roots to before Kreuzstatten? My father's mother's family came from Kreuzstatten too. I have been able to go back to 1723 - but have no idea as to where to look now - as this is about the time the colony was formed. I have a book on Kreuzstatten - many, many Vogel's in it!

6/17/2011 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Jacquie Seckler Stark said...

Hi my name is Jacquie and I have come across this family picture you posted. My great grandma was Elizabeth Vogel, and her parents, my great-great grandparents were Michael and Magdalena Vogel. We have this exact picture in are family album and we are wondering how sure you are on the names of the people in the photo, and the year? I have other photos of the older couple in the middle and we believe them to be Michael and Magdalena Vogel.

12/09/2014 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home