A Vogel Family History

Pictures and stories of my family genealogy research. My family has a German branch who came to the United States from the Banat area of the Austria-Hungary kingdom and a branch of French Canadians who immigrated to Massachussetts from Quebec. Please feel free to post your comments, questions or corrections.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brimfield, Ohio, United States

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Leitenberger Gilde Wedding 1934


The Mansfield News Journal carried a wedding announcement for Anthony Leitenberger to my grand-aunt Teresa Gilde Leitenberger. The couple was married in June 1934 with my grandparents Michael Vogel and Catherine Gilde Vogel serving as the best man and matron of honor. Here is a photo of the two couples, which was in my grandmother’s album.

The newspaper said that a wedding dinner for 60 relatives was served at the home of Anton and Theresia Keipp, aunt and uncle of the bride.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike and I really enjoyed looking at this picture. Mike's words were "I remember them!" Thank you for sharing these family facts.
Debbie and Mike

9/22/2006 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home